Brief History

Stacks Image 6451
In 1883, Visitation B.V.M. School opened on Lehigh Avenue to serve the boys and girls from the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia. The Sisters of St. Joseph joined the teaching staff in 1911 and have been leaders of the school ever since. We have prospered through the addition of a third floor, the mingling of our once single sex schools, the cultural changes of the neighborhood as well as the ever changing economic landscape of Kensington. Through all of this, there are certain values that have remained the same. We honor integrity and loyalty and provide a Catholic education that brings value and dignity to our students. Today we proudly serve over 450 students in grades PreK-8. We cater to a community that is largely below the national poverty level by providing breakfast, lunch and snacks daily. We serve our bilingual families with the support of translators and teaching English as a second language. Ultimately, we act as a Beacon of Hope for the entire Kensington community.

Stay Connected Through Social Media

Twitter

Instagram

Facebook

Google Plus